Nuker commanders in Rise of Kingdoms plays one of the most important role in the game. They are crucial to ensuring that your armies can conquer enemy cities with minimal resistance. Most of the powerful nuker commanders are equipped with incredible, devastating active skill that will demolish your enemies quickly.
If you plan to attack enemy players someday, you will want to have at least a few main nuker commanders in your roster. Which is why we are sharing the top 7 best nuker commanders to power level right now in Rise of Kingdoms. These commanders comes with high attack, speed, buffs, debuffs and of course the flexibility to play in multiple roles such as field and city.
Stick around with us to learn more about each nuker-based commander to maximize your roster for optimal gaming experience.
Which Troops to Use for Nuker Commanders?
Always match your commander’s troop specialization for best combat performance. Since the majority of nuker commanders are cavalry-based there’s a very limited selection for archer troops and infantry troops type.
So you will want to make sure that your army can destroy your enemies quickly, you want to pick the best commander with high attack and active skill. In addition to that, you will want to scout to find out what type of troops they are using to defend their city.
Then select the troop-type that best counter their armies to maximize your overall damage done. In Rise of Kingdoms, the defenders have a massive advantage because their troops do not get killed on the battlefield. They go straight to the hospitals if they get injured. Though, for the attackers, they will risk getting their troops killed on the battlefield which makes the whole battle costlier for them.
Best Nuker Commanders in ROK
One of the most powerful nuker commanders in Rise of Kingdoms is Yi Seong-Gye. He comes with an incredible active skill that does a high amount of damage and can strike up to 5 targets in a full circular range.
Yi Seong-Gye is a feared commander both when defending your city and in the open field battles. Majority of players do not risk their armies against this commander because it is a very easy way to lose the battle.
By nature, Yi Seong-Gye is one of the best garrison commanders in Rise of Kingdoms. But when using him in the offensive war, he is an incredible strong attacker thanks to his powerful active skill and passive skill that increases the damage of skills by an additional 50%.
Yi Seong-Gye Summary:
- Deals 1,700 damage to 5 targets in circular-shaped area.
- 10% chance to restore 100 rage.
- 10% chance to increase archer attack by 100% for the next 3 seconds.
- Increase attack of garrison troops and watchtower by 5%.
- Increases active skill damage by 50%.
Why Yi Seong-Gye is the Best Commander?
- Very powerful commander, both as defender and offender.
- Can deal insane amount of damage with his active skill thanks to 50% damage increase.
- Rapid rage generation.
- Buffs his archer troops attack by 100%.
- A winning commander.
Another stellar nuker commander to level up is Attila. He is a very strong debuff commander that will pretty much weaken your enemies to ashes while your secondary commander does all the heavy lift.
One of the main reasons why we highly recommend Attila is because he will make most of your conquest simple and easy. He will reduce your enemy’s armies attack, defense, damage done, and health to make it easy enough for the troops to whittle them away.
- Increases normal attack damage and counterattack damage by 30% for 4 seconds.
- Reduces enemy’s attack by 50% for 2 seconds.
- Increases damage by 10% and reduces enemy’s defense by 25% when attacking enemy garrison city.
- Reduces skill damage taken by 15%.
- Increases cavalry march speed by 15%.
- Increases cavalry attack by 40%.
- Has 25% chance to increase all damage done by 100% for the next 2 turns.
- Immune to silence.
- Deals 20% increased damage against enemy targets with less than 50% army strength.
- March speed increased by 50% for 3 seconds after leaving the battle.
Why Attila is the Best Nuker Commander?
- Awesome for killing enemy targets on the battlefield.
- Strong buffs that does a lot of damage.
- Improves troops march speed.
- Immune to silence, which makes him ideal choice to pair with nukers.
- Nice sustained damage that helps him maintain a steady flow of heavy blows.
- Perfect attacker against enemy cities.
Mehmed II is another personal favorite nuker commander of ours. He doesn’t specialize in specific types of troops, instead he works extremely well with mixed troops. Which makes him quite a difficult commander to fight against because each troops are able to provide coverage against counterattacks.
Though, we highly recommend Mehmed II mainly due to his superior active skill. He can deliver heavy blows against enemy players. In addition to that. he can hit up to 5 targets and deal massive damage. Mehmed II is a dedicated city conqueror which means he does additional damage against strongholds, flags and fortresses.
Mehmed II Summary:
- Deals 1,350 damage to 5 targets with his active skill.
- Does extra 800 damage to cities and garrisons with his active skill.
- Troops’ attack increased by 20%.
- Active skill damage increased by 20%.
- Has 10% chance to deal 1,000 damage when attacking cities.
- Increases troop capacity and rallied troop capacity by 10%.
- Has 50% chance to trigger a second burst for 500 damage when attacking cities.
Why Mehmed II is the Best Nuker Commander?
- High damage with his active skill.
- Powerful city attacker thanks to increased skill damage and chance to trigger extra damage.
- Expands troops army size, allowing more health, defense and attack.
- Incredible flexible, can work with any troop types.
- Great at the battlefield.
One of the powerful nuker commanders that specializes in infantry troops is Guan Yu. His active skill can hit up to 3 targets and deals 2,000 damage to each target when serving as the primary commander. He pairs exceptionally well with Leonidas for multi-silence ability, but can work well with other commanders like Alexander the Great.
We recommend Guan Yu because infantry gets 30% increased attack and moves 15% faster on the map. Furthermore, his active skill is capable of dealing another 1,400 damage to 3 targets on the top of 2,000 damage baseline. Guan Yu will make quick work out of your enemies with ease.
Guan Yu Summary:
- Deals 2,000 damage with his active skill up to 3 targets in a fan-shaped range.
- Increases damage by 15% when attacking a city.
- Reduces enemy’s attack by 30% when attacking a city.
- Increases infantry attack by 30% and march speed by 15%.
- Heals for 1,000 health points upon leaving battle.
- Has a 50% chance to deal 1,400 additional damage to current target.
- Increases skill damage by 15% when he gains shield.
Why Guan Yu is the Best Nuker Commander?
- Powerful active skill that wrecks havoc.
- Great for attacking enemy cities.
- Fast marching speed.
- Good self-healing capability.
- Solid sustained damage ability.
- Strong debuff, reduces enemy target’s attack by 30%.
If you don’t have any of these legendary commanders above yet, your next step is to find the best nuker commanders with epic rarity. Fortunately, Osman I is one of the best commanders in Rise of Kingdoms that is incredibly strong at delivering high amounts of damage.
You can get Osman I for free if you pick Ottoman Empire as your starting civilization. He comes with 10% bigger army size and deals 15% extra damage against enemy cities. Not to forget to mention that one of his passive skills will cause active skill to deal additional damage. Which makes Osman I one of the best nuker commanders at entry-level.
Osman I Summary:
- Deals 1,100 damage with his active skill.
- Increases attack by 15% after attacking a city for more than 30 seconds.
- Deals 400 extra damage after using active skill on the next turn.
- Increases troop capacity by 10%.
Why Osman I is the Best Nuker Commander?
- High damage commander.
- Great at destroying enemy cities.
- Amazing for PvP battles like Sunset Canyon & Ark of Osiris.
- Comes with extra troops to deal more damage.
- Does extra damage with his active skill every second turns.
Another strong epic commander that is very good at nuking your enemies is Baibars. He has an active skill called Sandstorm which deals high amounts of damage against 5 targets in a fan-shaped range. Plus it slows down the targets, which enables you to effectively control multiple enemies with ease.
Baibars is also a solid commander because cavalry troops gain 20% increased attack under his leadership. In addition to that, enemy garrison gets 7% attack and defense reduction. This commander is one of the fewest selected leaders in Rise of Kingdoms that’s capable of dealing major blows.
- Deals 1,000 damage to each target, up to 5 targets and slows them down by 50% for 2 seconds.
- Increases cavalry attack by 20%.
- Reduces enemy garrison attack and defense by 7% when attacking cities.
- Increases march speed by 50% upon leaving the battle for the next 10 seconds.
- Heals himself for 200 health points upon leaving the battle.
Why Baibars is the Best Nuker Commander?
- Awesome commander with excellent zone of control.
- Deals ton of damage, up to 5 targets doing 1,000 damage.
- Weakens enemy garrison attack and defense by 7%.
- Nice self-healing capability.
- Gives a flat 20% cavalry attack bonus.
Lastly, Sun Tzu is a quite powerful nuker commander. He is just like Yi Seong-Gye due to the nature of being a garrison commander but can effectively play field battles thanks to his active skill.
If you pick China as your starting civilization, you will get Sun Tzu for free as your starting commander. We recommend him because he has a passive skill that increases active skill damage by 20%. Plus, he is quite a tank commander that will pretty much absorb the majority of the incoming damage with ease.
Sun Tzu Summary:
- Hits up to 5 targets in a fan-shaped area damage.
- Increases active skill damage by 20%.
- Pairs well with nukers.
- Reduces enemy damage in field battles by 10%.
- Increases Infantry Health by 10%.
Why Sun Tzu is the Best Nuker Commander?
- Very tanky.
- Great for nuking.
- Provides extra damage.
- Fast rage generation.
- Awesome support commander.
Top 7 Best Nuker Commanders: Conclusion
That’s all Governors! I hope you find our top best nuker commanders guide for beginners helpful and informative. If you have any questions about these garrison commanders in Rise of Kingdoms, feel free to drop a comment below.
Lastly, if you want to have a smooth and optimal gaming experience. I recommend you to play Rise of Kingdoms on PC. It’s faster, smoother and gives you more flexibility to play your favorite game. You also can read my top reasons why I recommend players to play Rise of Kingdoms on PC.
Until then, happy ruling Governors and stay tuned for more Rise of Kingdoms news and updates at House of Kingdoms!