Welcome to my guide: How to Attack and Defend in Rise of Kingdoms for Beginners. In Rise of Kingdoms, the playerbase is divided into two different gameplay:
- PvP: Player vs. Player
- PvE: Player vs Environment
Getting to know and mastering the basics of how to attack and defend in Rise of Kingdoms is important to the success of your civilization. Mainly, you are going to want to minimize your losses while maximize the rewards from your battles.
In my guide: How to Attack and Defend in Rise of Kingdoms for Beginners, I will explain the game mechanisms that is available right at your disposal.
How to Activate Commander’s Active Skill
This is done automatically by the commanders themselves during the battles, so there’s no need to perform this task manually for them. To further improve your commander’s ability to cast their active skill more often, it can be done by improving their rage generation via the talent tree.
When it comes to the battle in Rise of Kingdoms, there’s a few things you should be aware of how the combat system works for the commanders using their active skill:
- To cast the active skill, the commanders need to have at least 1,000 rage.
- You can see how much rage your commanders have via the rage bar next to the avatar.
- If you have a secondary commander with your primary commander, then they will cast their active skill afterwards the primary commander casts their,
How to Attack in Rise of Kingdoms
In Rise of Kingdoms, there are 4 different type of attacks which you need to take in consideration to maximize your combat effectiveness.
- Normal Attack: These are the regular attack that is usually done by attacking barbarians or an enemy player on the map. Normal Attack costs 50 Action Points.
- Rally Attack: This type of attack typically consists of multiple armies forming into a single, huge force that gives rallying attack and defense bonus against enemy cities, barbarian forts, alliance fortresses and alliance flags. Assembling a rally attack costs 150 Action Points.
- Attacking Alliance Structure: To attack enemy alliance structures, your alliance territory needs to be adjacent to the enemy territory.
- Reinforcement: Another type of attacking method is to reinforce the marching rally to fill up the capacity. An incredible combat mechanism to know if you want to be able to help on the fly.
Before you launch a rally attack, there’s a couple of things you need to remember that:
- The size of rally army depends on the level of castle created by the player.
- Launching a normal attack on enemy player will always result in huge loss of troops. Rally attack is the best way to minimize the troops causalities and an effective way to zero your enemies.
How to Defend in Rise of Kingdoms
This is one of the most overlooked combat mechanism in Rise of Kingdoms. But did you know that you actually can select commanders that you want to defend your city?
Here’s how to do that:
- Tap on your wall.
- Select 2 commanders you want to garrison to defend your city.
Ideally, you want to use commanders that have Garrison / Defender attributes to protect your city. For starters, here’s some of the best garrison commanders to use:
That’s all Governors! Now you know how to attack and defend in Rise of Kingdoms effectively. Watch as your troops fight effectively, raking up all of these juicy kills while your enemies fumbles in defeat.