Did you know that basic stats like attack, defense and health matters a lot in Rise of Kingdoms? For some of you who are new to the game, these basic stats are fundamental to winning the battles using your commanders and a wide variety of troops.
Getting to know the basic stats in Rise of Kingdoms will help you understand the importance of being able to attack and defend your forces against enemy invaders. After you read this guide about the basic stats in Rise of Kingdoms, you will learn to care about them a lot more.
Overview of Basic Stats
- What is Attack and How it Works?
- What is Defense and How it Works?
- What is Health and How it Works?
What is Attack and How it Works?
Attack simply means the strength of your troops and their ability to deal damage. In Rise of Kingdoms, there are several ways to perform attacks using various methods.
- Normal Attack: Raw damage of attack towards the enemy army and gain 100 rage per attack.
- Counter Attack: Every time an enemy attacks you, your army counters and deals damage.
- Active Skill: Cast active skill to deal damage, debuff or to buff their own armies.
- Damage Factor: Fixed amount of number that is not affected by the number of troops.
Here is ways you can do to increase the attack value of your troops:
- Expand your troop capacity.
- Select unique units that have high attack value.
- Play commanders that have strong attack talent build.
- Specialized commanders give bonus attacks (i.e Leonidas I, Saladin, and Julius Caesar).
What is Defense and How it Works?
Defense simply means the ability to reduce the amount of incoming damage from the enemies, allowing your troops to withstand in the battle for a much longer period. There is several ways defense plays a role in Rise of Kingdoms:
- Defense reduces the amount of incoming damage from normal and skills.
- Higher defense means your troops can withstand more attacks.
- Defense is the ability that resists attacks.
Here is ways you can do to increase the defense value of your troops:
- Expand your troop capacity.
- Select unique units that have high defense value.
- Play commanders that have strong defense talent build.
- Specialized commanders give bonus defense (i.e Cao Cao, Artemisia I and Richard I).
What is Health and How it Works?
Health simply means the total health your troops have and the ability to absorb damage before being sent back to the hospitals for healing or before getting killed on the battlefield. More health means more damage your troops can take. Here’s a few things you should know about Health in Rise of Kingdoms:
- Health is how long your troops can stay alive during the battle.
- Health does not counter any incoming attacks.
- Health doesn’t reduce incoming attacks.
- The more troops you have, the bigger healing factor will be.
- Having more health means you can take more damage.
There’s few ways you can do to increase the health of your troops, but it is mostly done via commanders’ talent builds. Majority of the basic stats that are aimed at reducing the damage taken is done with defense builds and troops.
How to Use Basic Stats to Your Advantage
Even though these basic stats are pretty much simple and easy to understand. Majority of the players do not know how to take advantage of these basic stats to maximize their combat effectiveness, which is one of game mistakes they can make!
One trick you can do to further increase the damage done using rallying armies is to fill up with special units. For instance, if the primary commander who is leading the rallying army happens to be Saladin who specializes in cavalry. Then the cavalry should be the first to fill up capacity because they get huge bonuses thanks to Saladin’s cavalry skills.
In Rise of Kingdoms there are 4 different type of roles to play using your commanders:
- Damage Dealer (DPS): High attack, low defense and health. Great for dishing out damage to cripple your enemies while tanks take hold of the frontline.
- Tank: Great for commanders that have high health and defense, but low attack. They are good at absorbing attacks and providing temporary buffs to themselves as well as nearby allies.
- Support: Commanders that don’t excel at health, defense or attack might find themselves useful in providing support to nearby friendly commanders by buffing allies or debuffing enemies.
- Healer: Commanders that excel at healing allies using magic powers to replenish injured troops and bring them back to the battle.
That’s all Governors! I hope this guide on the basic stats for attack, defense and health helps you out with winning the battles in Rise of Kingdoms. If you have any questions about the combat system, let us know and we will be happy to have discussion with you!